Sunday, September 16, 2012

Barlow & Jones Ltd.

 Barlow & Jones was a textiles manufacturing company established by James Barlow in Bolton in c. 1850.

In 1874 the business became a limited company and was noted for its production of quilts, toilet covers, and towels.

By the end of the 19th century, the company had three cotton mills in Bolton and a warehouse in Manchester.

In 1964 Barlow & Jones Ltd. was taken over by English Sewing Co. Ltd. which is now part of Coats plc.

Barlow & Jones Ltd. promotional textile brochure, 1906

by Mark Matlach

No comments:

Post a Comment